Losing weight has become a challenge for many, as most of the foods we eat usually contain fats that cause us to gain more weight than we bargained for.
According to the report of Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the percentage of the U.S. population that tried to lose weight between 2013 to 2016 in 12-months stood at: younger adults within the age of 20 to 39 (49.7%); middle-aged adults from 40 to 59 (49.1%); older adults from 60 and above (42.7%).
There are many diets or so-called “soft food diets” claimed to be effective for weight loss. While diet control plays a key role in weight loss and helps control the number of calories you consume, studies have shown that losing weight requires more than diet control like the vegan weight loss plan.
The key to weight loss is to burn calories more than you consume, and there are no better ways to do this than to be engaged in a full-body workout. Research has it that regular full-body workout helps in weight loss and reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease. This article will be looking at some of the most effective full-body workouts that can help in weight loss.
What is Full-body workout?
While some workout activities target some part of the body, full-body workout works on the entire body to produce compound movement. A compound movement is a process of targeting multiple groups of muscles in a single exercise, and this type of exercise routine gives room for the body to burn more calories.
“No pain, no gain. Shut up and train.”
Full-body Workouts To Try
1. Jumping Jacks
Jumping Jacks is an exercise that put all the large group of muscles in the body at work, and it is known to be one of the most effective workout exercises for weight loss.
Do Jumping Jack:
· Begin by standing upright: keep both feet close together, create a slight bend in your knees, and rest your hands on your thighs.
· Open your legs and arms to the sides: keeping your knees slightly bent, open your feet wider than your shoulder and arms right above the head.
· Close feet and arms to return to the first step; repeat the steps with a good speed.
2. Jump Squats
Jump squats are another workout exercise that involves compound movement as multiple muscles are involved making it perfect for weight loss.
Do Jump Squats:
· Begin by standing upright: keep your legs at shoulder-width apart.
· Begin the movement by doing a squat; engage the core, and try to jump explosively.
· Lower the body into the squat position when landing and land on the ground with the entire foot to complete one rep.
· Do as many and quickly as possible.
Burpees work on the whole body, including the chest, triceps and squads, abs, etc. with an explosive movement to help burn calories.
· Begin by placing a hand on the ground shoulder-width apart.
· Jump to push-up position.
· Lower your thighs and chest to the ground.
· Jump feet up to the hand.
· Jump up vertically knee and hip extension and extend your hands overhead during the jump.
“Success isn’t always about greatness. It’s about consistency. Consistent hard work gains success. Greatness will come.”
4. Lungs with Oblique Twist
This workout exercise mainly works on the core and lower body strength. The oblique twist improves your body stability.
Do Lungs With Oblique Twist:
· Stand straight with legs about shoulder-width apart.
· Lower hips and make the front of your thigh parallel to the ground with your knee at 90O, then twist.
· Return to step 1 position and repeat the same with other feet.
Quotation Citations: “No pain, no gain. Shut up and train.” , “Success isn’t always about greatness. It’s about consistency. Consistent hard work gains success. Greatness will come.” https://www.quoteambition.com/workout-quotes/